GED COMPUTER-BASED TESTING
GED Computer-Based Testing (CBT) still requires test-takers to show up in person, at an official testing center, to take the test. The new assessment will include the latest standards in assessment development such as complex item types that require a computer-based delivery platform. Test-takers can access an easy-to-use online registration and scheduling system. Test-takers receive instant score reports on four of the five content areas. Streamlined services from GED Testing Service and its partner, Pearson VUE, will centralize registration, scheduling, testing and scoring.
The cost for the online GED Testing is $120.00. There is an additional fee of $10.00 for your Certificate that is payable to the Regional Office of Education #47.
When you have completed your computer-based testing and have passed all of your required testing, you must print off the GED Release form below and pay the required fee in order to receive your certificate.
Registering for GED Computer-Based Testing
- Log onto www.ged.com and click on Register Today, then Create an Account.
- Click on the statement that says, “I have not taken the GED test before; create a profile.”
- Complete a New Candidate Record and press Submit.
- You will receive an email that contains your 12-digit GED Account number. Print this page.
- If you don’t see this e-mail, look for it in your Junk E-mail folder.
- Click on the link in the e-mail to create a Username and Password. Review your Candidate Record, then press Verify.
- To correct any typos on your Record, call Pearson VUE at 877.392.6433.
- Click on the circled number 2, Register, and complete the required fields.
Obtaining Transcripts or Certificates
- Unofficial Transcripts—FREE
- Official Transcript—$8
- Replacement Certificate—$10
- Replacement Certificate/Official Transcript—$18
- New graduates of the computer-based test (CBT)-$10
Please make checks or money orders payable to the Regional Office of Education #47. To obtain a replacement copy of your GED Transcripts or Certificate, please print off the GED Release Form and return it to the Regional Office of Education.
Education Outreach Program
The Education Outreach Program provides services to Lee, Ogle, and Whiteside County residents between the ages of 17-24 who are no longer enrolled in school. Individuals receive instruction that results in the HSE (GED) certificate as well as career-readiness skills to help them secure and maintain employment. Services include:
- Individualized academic instruction
- Financial assistance for HSE (GED) test fees and specific certificate training programs
- Transportation assistance to HSE (GED) classes
- Periodic financial incentives
- Career-Readiness classes
- Resume and Job Search Assistance
- Paid work experience and job shadowing opportunities